- His Majesty’s People’s project envisions a Post Graduate Residency program in Medical Sciences in Bhutan
- WHO fielded Consultants carry out feasibility study on establishment of Medical College.
- Prime Ministers of India and Bhutan formally agree to establish Medical College with financial and technical support from GOI
- Bhutan Institute of Medical Sciences (BIMS) Project Office established.
- Prime Minister of India and Bhutan lay the Foundation Stone for BIMS.
- University of Medical Sciences Act of Bhutan 2012 passed by the Parliament of Bhutan and granted Royal Assent.
- Cabinet approval for establishment of University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan Interim President appointed.
- First Governing Council session convened.
- University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan office established.
- Registrar, Director and other staff of the University recruited and appointed.
- Royal Institute of Health Sciences and National Institute of Traditional Medicine handed over from Royal University of Bhutan to the new Medical University.
- Postgraduate Medical Education Centre established.
- Reldri Academy of Health Sciences affiliated.
- Launching of Post Graduate Residency program in 5 disciplines.
- His Majesty grants assent to name the University as Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan.
- Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen formally launched the Khesar Gyalpo University.
- First International Conference on Medical and Health Science held.
- Bhutan Health Journal launched.
- Formally launched as Faculty of Postgraduate by the Health Minister, Lyonpo Tandin Wangchuk.
- Introduced MD in Medicine
- Democratically elected Dean (Dr. Tashi Temzin MD.) and Dy.Dean (Dr. Karma Tenzin MD.).
- Faculty received the Faculty flag from His Excellency, the Health Minister, Lyonpo Tandin Wangchuk.
- Introduced MD in orthopedics and General Practice.
- The first batch of Specialists graduated (8).
- Release of the new and revised curriculum by His Excellency, Lyonpo Tandin Wangchuk, the then Health Minister.
- Introduction of MD in Emergency Medicine and Psychiatry.
- Selection of Dean (Dr. Tashi Tenzin MD.).
- Appointment of Dy. Dean Student Affairs (Dr. Kuenzang Chhezom MD.).
- Selection of Dy. Dean (Dr. Karma Tenzin MD.).
Introduction of MD in ENT.