The current pandemic has increased the risk of infection for vulnerable individuals and healthcare workers. IPC has proven to be a key aspect in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide. Therefore, we offer you an IPC module, which includes 9 units with animated and interactive scenarios introducing specific risk situations that healthcare workers have faced daily during the pandemic. These scenarios range from Primary Health Care to Emergency Room of a hospital, hospitalization itself, Intensive Care Unit, laboratory, among others. These scenarios include the Hierarchy of Control approach by reducing the risk through substitution or isolation of the hazard, engineering controls, administrative controls, and the use of Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
At the end of the module, the participants will be able to:
- name and identify the general pathophysiologic mechanisms of ARIs thus recognizing the grounds and purposes of specific prevention and control measures
- describe and categorize ARIs prevention and control measures and strategies (e.g., engineering, and administrative measures, PPE) in the different healthcare-related contexts according to the risk
- design a practical skill teaching plan based on the knowledge acquired with a view to its dissemination (optional)
Duration: 3 weeks (~ 15 hours)
Concept: Asynchronous online course
Target group: Healthcare staff (professionals and technicians), cleaning and sanitation staff, administrative staff, and medical and health science teacher and students, as well as students from areas such as Public Health, Epidemiology and other related areas interested in Disease Management and Infection Prevention and Control.
Place: Online (CIH Moodle Platform)
Language: English and Spanish
Steps to enroll in the module:
- Log in here
- If you have a Moodle account with us, please click “Continue” otherwise click “cancel”.
- If you chose the “cancel” option, please fill in all the requested data and press “Create my new account”.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org